Interested in Trust, Provenance and Linked Data? We have a post-doctoral researcher post available, closing date 28 May 2015. Information is below, to apply visit the University’s job pages. A brief summary of the role is below.
To support our research programme we are looking to appoint a postdoctoral research fellow to work in the area of trust, provenance and linked data.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of linked data principles, and practical experience of a range of semantic web technologies. Knowledge and experience of provenance and/or trust models is also desirable, but not essential. The successful candidate will have a PhD or be about to complete a PhD in Computer Science. Enthusiasm for digital technology and innovation relevant to society and the economy is essential as is the ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team.
As this post is funded by EPSRC it is available until 31 March 2016.
Key duties of the role include:
- Conduct research in trust, provenance and linked data.
- Liaising with investigators, other researchers and user groups involved in Hub activities.
- Leading and contributing to the production of reports and academic papers.
- Establish and maintain links with colleagues and external contacts through active participation in research
- Participate in internal and external research events, research seminars, conferences, staff development workshops and other research-related events.
- Contributing to Hub training, awareness raising and outreach activities.
- Contributing to the overall planning of Hub activities.